Pierre Carrier, Ph.D.
- Research Associate, Computer Science and Engineering, University of Minnesota, USA. [May 2008-March 2012]
- Research Associate, Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, University of Minnesota, USA. [October 2006-April 2008]
- Alexander von-Humboldt Posdoctoral fellow, Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg,Germany. [January 2005-April 2006]
- Postdoctoral fellow, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, USA. [September 2002-November 2004]
Talks in international conferences
Created on: May 4, 2012.
Last update: May 4, 2012.
- Languages: French (mother tongue) and English, basic German and Spanish.
- Computer languages: MPI, co-array Fortran, Fortran03/95/90/77, Assembler, C++, C, java, openMP.
- Supercomputers: Cray (XT5), IBM, SGI Altix, linux clusters.
- Computer systems: Unix, linux, Mac, Windows tools.
- Inhomogeneous Dynamical Mean-Field theory
- Si/SiO2 superlattices and nanostructures
- Curvature effects on optical response of Si nanocrystals in SiO2 having interface silicon suboxide, Phys. Rev. B, 80, 075319 (2009)
- Role of interface suboxides Si atoms on the electronic properties of Si/SiO2 superlattices, Applied Surface Science 212-213, 826 (2003)
- Ph. D. Dissertation, Université de Montréal (January 2003)
- Optical properties of strucurally relaxed Si/SiO2 superlattices: The role of bonding at interfaces, Phys. Rev. B 65, 165339 (2002).
See also Virtual J.
Nanoscale Sci. and Technology
- Photoluminescence within crystalline-Si/SiO2 single quantum wells, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 737, F1.1 (2001).
- Electron confinement and optical enhancement in Si/SiO2 superlattices, Phys. Rev. B 64, 195330 (2001)
- Electronic and optical properties of Si/SiO2 superlattices from first principles: role of interfaces, Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 677 AA4.10.1 (2001)
- Wide bandgap materials and III-nitrides
- Multi-junction solar cells
Talks in International Conferences
- Invited talk. Workshop on Advanced Computational Methods in Engineering and Environmental Science, CUNY, Sept.26-28, 2011
- Invited talk. Lanczos-based Low-Rank correction method in the Inhomogeneous Dynamical Mean-Field Theory, 24th CSP Workshop 2011
- Role of the three Si suboxides at the surface of Si quantum dots and in Si/SiO2 quantum wells on optical response, APS March meeting 2009
- High-PT elasticity within the quasiharmonic approximation with relaxed thermal stresses, APS March meeting 2008
- First-principles prediction of crystal structures at high temperatures using the quasiharmonic approximation, AGU Fall meeting 2007
- Consequences of the quasiharmonic approximation: tests and predictions, APS March meeting 2007
- Calculated spin-orbit splitting of all diamond and zinc-blende semiconductors: effects of p1/2 orbitals and chemical trends, APS March meeting 2004
- Theoretical study of the fundamental optical transitions of AlN, GaN, and AlGaN, APS March meeting 2003
- Electronic properties, optical response and interface effects of Si/SiO2 superlattices from first principles, APS March meeting 2002
NRC-DFT workshop in honor of Walter Kohn, June 21-22, 2002, Ottawa, Canada.
- Invited talk,
11th International Conference on Solid Films and Surfaces (ICSFS-11), July 8-13, 2002, Marseille, France.
- Photoluminescence within crystalline-Si/SiO2 single quantum wells, Invited talk: MRS Fall meeting 2002
- Electronic and optical properties of Si/SiO2 superlattices from first principles, ADFT2001
- Electronic and optical properties of Si/SiO2 superlattices from first principles, MRS Fall 2001